Adults and teenagers try hard to become smarter in every field but fail badly when it comes to common sense. There are many simple and easy questions people get wrong because they require your presence of mind and common sense but they go blank. However, the right answer can easily be found with the basic knowledge.
Have you ever given time to your common sense? Well, there are a number of online and written tests or brain teasers that are specifically made to test your common sense. Isn’t it the right time to beat it?
These tests are made by creative people who are smart masters and love to play with minds. A lot of times, the questions are on point but the answers are pretty funny. Yes, it just need the basic knowledge and accurate answers. Common sense questions are asked to calculate whether your logic is on point or not. Want to take the test now?
It’s time to exercise your brain. Then, why not an online test of few minutes? Let us determine the functioning of your brain and of course, the common sense. Time to think smarter. Can you answer all of the following questions correctly?
Common Sense Questions
Are you ready to put your common sense to the test? Check out these common sense questions with answers and see how well you do! Don’t overthink it, just answer honestly and see how you stack up against your friends. And hey, feel free to challenge them with these questions too. Are you up for it?
- If you have 3 apples and you give 2 away, how many apples do you have left?
- What do you call a place where books are kept?
- What do you call the small pieces of paper used to mark your place in a book?
- If you’re driving a bus with 20 passengers and you drop off 7, how many passengers are left on the bus?
Answer: 13 passengers are left on the bus.
- What is the smallest prime number?
Answer: The smallest prime number is 2.
- If a plane crashes on the border of the United States and Canada, where do you bury the survivors?
Answer: You don’t bury survivors.
- If you mix yellow and blue paint, what color do you get?
- How many sides does a triangle have?
Answer: A triangle has 3 sides.
- How many days are there in a week?
- What is the name of the force that pulls objects towards each other?
- What is the name of the highest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mount Everest
- Which organ is responsible for pumping blood throughout the body?
- What is the name of the device used to measure time?
- Which continent is known as the Dark Continent?
- What do you call a person who flies an airplane?
- If it takes 3 people 3 hours to paint 3 walls, how many people would it take to paint 9 walls in 9 hours?
Answer: It would still take 3 people to paint 9 walls in 9 hours.
- If you’re going 80 miles per hour, how long will it take you to go 80 miles?
Answer: It would take you 1 hour to go 80 miles at a speed of 80 miles per hour.
- What has a heart that doesn’t beat?
Answer: An artichoke has a heart that doesn’t beat.
- How many seconds are in a minute?
Answer: There are 60 seconds in a minute.
- If you have 5 apples and you give away 2, how many do you have left?
Answer: You would have 3 apples left.
- How many times you can subtract the number 5 from 25?
Answer: Once. After the first calculation, you will be subtracting 5 from 20, then 5 from 15, and so on.
- Is it legal for a man to marry his widow’s sister?
Answer: No, because he is dead.
- Two mothers and two daughters were fishing. They managed to catch one big fish, one small fish, and one fat fish. Since only three fish were caught, how is it possible that they each took home a fish?
Answer: The fishing party consisted of three people – a grandmother, a mother and a daughter. The mother is both a mother and a daughter.
- If you were to put a coin into an empty bottle and then insert a cork into the neck, how could you remove the coin without taking out the cork or breaking the bottle?
Answer: Simply push the cork into the bottle and shake the coin out.
- What is the beginning of eternity, the end of time, the beginning of every end, and the end of every place?
Answer: Letter “e”.
- If there are fifteen crows on the fence and the farmer shoots a third of them, how many are left?
Answer: None. They all fly away after hearing the shots.
- What is the easiest way to throw a ball, have it stop, and completely reverse direction after travelling a short distance?
Answer: Throw the ball straight up.
- Before the Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mt. Everest was still the highest mountain even before it was discovered!
- Why is it against the law for a man living in North Carolina to be buried in South Carolina?
Answer: Because he is still living.
- There are five oranges in a basket. How will I distribute the oranges to five people, such that one orange is still in the basket?
Answer: Distribute 1 orange each to the four people. And then give the fifth orange together with the basket to the last person.
- How many animals of each species did Adam take with him on the ark?
Answer: None, Noah took the animals on the ark, not Adam.
- Do they have a 4th of July in England?
Answer: Yes. Everyone has a July 4th.
- How many birthdays does the average man have?
- Some months have 31 days; how many have 28?
Answer: All of them (12).
- A woman gives a beggar 1 dollar and 32 cents; the woman is the beggar’s sister, but the beggar is not the woman’s brother. How come?
Answer: The beggar is her sister.
- Why can’t a man living in the U.S. be buried in Canada?
Answer: He can’t be buried if he isn’t dead.
- How many outs are there in an inning?
- Two men play five games of checkers. Each man wins the same number of games. There are no ties. Explain this.
Answer: They were playing different people.
- Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer?
- A man builds a house rectangular in shape. All sides have southern exposure. A big bear walks by. What color is the bear? Why?
Answer: White. It is at the North Pole.
- If there are 3 apples and you take away two, how many do you have?
- I have two U.S. coins totaling 55 cents. One is not a nickel. What are the coins?
Answer: A 50 cent piece and a nickel. Only one is not a nickel.
- If you have only one match and you walked into a room where was an oil burner, a kerosene lamp, and a wood burning stove, which one would you light first?
Answer: The match.
- How far can a dog run into the woods?
Answer: Halfway. Then it’s running out of the woods.
- A doctor gives you three pills telling you to take one every half hour. How long would the pills last?
Answer: 1 hour.
- A farmer has 17 sheep; all but 9 die. How many are left?
- How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?
Answer: None. Moses didn’t have an ark. Noah did.
- A clerk in the butcher shop is 5’10” tall. What does he weigh?
- How many two cent stamps are there in a dozen?
- What was the president’s name in 1950?
Answer: George W. Bush. Same as it is now.
- There once was a lady who really liked pink. In her cozy, little one-story house, everything was pink. Even her dog was pink. Her hair, her carpet, everything. What color are her stairs?
Answer: She didn’t have stairs. It was one story.
- There was an evergreen tree in the dark, ugly forest where ghosts, witches, and even Frankensteins lived. All of the sudden, a great gust of wind flew through the forest. Which way did the leaves on the tree fall?
Answer: It is a pine tree. It doesn’t have leaves.
- A doctor gives you three pills, telling you to take one pill every half hour. How long will the pills last?
Answer: The pills will last for one hour. You take the first pill immediately, the second after 30 minutes, and the third after 60 minutes, which exhausts all three pills in the span of an hour.
After taking the common sense test, do you feel like a genius? Or perhaps you realize that even the simplest questions can sometimes stump the brightest minds. Don’t worry, it’s all in good fun! Challenge your friends and family to see who has the best common sense. Remember, quick thinking is key, so don’t overthink it!
If you’re interested in testing your knowledge further, you might want to explore some practical examples through online certification exams at exam-labs.com, where you can find a wide range of resources.